- Hexagon Brewing opened their doors this past weekend during their continuing soft opening. According to their Facebook page the official grand opening is April 21. Visit them at 1002 Dutch Valley Drive in Fountain City.
- The annual Brewhibition festival is coming back to the Southern Railway Station on April 29. That's a mightly fine time to drink a few beers outside. Get info on the festival here and get tickets here.
- Balter Beerworks is celebrating their 1 year anniversary today. See their Facebook page for more info and the specials available, and also about the availability of Crowlers there now as well (just like Alliance across the river).
- Fanatic is currently in the midst of construction on their taproom, which will be called the "Fan Base". This will be great, follow the news and updates on the progress of this at a special Twitter handle they have setup.
- Last of all for today, check out this list of 6 new places open in Knoxville now or coming real soon. Among them is Hexagon Brewing (which I mentioned earlier) and also the Merchants of Beer which will be open in the old Enterprise diner looking building in the Old City.
- Late on this, but wanted to mention the coming of Elkmont Exchange to 745 North broadway sometime in the near future. Hit their website up for more info, and also check out this article for news on a few other beer additions we could have coming to our town soon.
- Even later on this, but I just have to mention the 4th Sunday Funday Brew Bus tours provided by Knox Brew Tours that started a couple months ago. For $10 you can catch a ride between 6 different spots all day long from 2PM-7PM. Damn my schedule for not allowing me to partake the past couple months, I will be doing this at least once before the summer ends, you should too!
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
BeerKnox Knews - March 29, 2017
Spring has sprung in east TN and the beer news is coming quick. Here's a few items to just make an attempt at keeping things fairly current.